Designum magazine is the only professional design magazine in Slovakia with over 20 years of tradition. It is published 4 times a year (always at the end of the months of March, June, September and December) and on its pages you will find current information about events in the field of design in Slovakia and abroad, as well as regular sections on the history and theory of design. The magazine is intended for designers, theoreticians, educators, historians and students of design, architects or artisans, but also for the general public with an interest in design.
- More information about Designum magazine
- Designum magazine sale
- You can borrow all issues of the magazine in our specialized library
- Online archive of Designum magazine on our website (we are gradually adding to it)
- You can find the archive of issues of Designum magazine after 2021 in full-text format in IS DIZAJN
- Since discussions about design as a very vital field have long since moved to the Internet, the e-designum platform has been part of the website of the Slovak Design Center since 2017.
Since discussions about design as a very vital field have long since moved to the Internet, the e-designum platform has been part of the website of the Slovak Design Center since 2017.
Professional publications are an important part of the presentation of design work and design research in Slovakia. Selected publications (ŠUR. School of arts and crafts in Bratislava 1928 – 1939 – Klára Prešnajderová, Simona Bérešová, Sonia de Puineuf, Mária Rišková, New chapters from the history of design – Zdeno Kolesár, About myself and about my work – Ľubomír Longauer, Design in Slovakia 1990 – 2005 – Katarína Hubová, Zdeno Kolesár, Andrea Kopernická, Adriena Pekárová) can be purchased in person at SCD sales points. Other publications (Area and space in design. Milan Veselý – Mária Rišková and Nina Veselá-Cohen, CIPÁR&LOGO.ETC. – Vladislav Rostoka, Utility graphics in Slovakia after 1918. Modest progress – Ľubomír Longauer, FONTS SK/Digitalized font design in Slovakia – Samuel Čarnoký) can be purchased in the distribution network of the Slovart publishing house.